University of Verona (detachment)
Via de Soraperra, 27
38030 Alba di Canazei
tel/fax 0462 601672
Alba di Canazei is 1517 m of altitude and is at the foot of the Marmolada mountain.
Once arrived in Italy, by airplane or train, You can reach Canazei by train plus coach.
We are trying to organize a bus from Bolzano/Bozen to Alba di Canazei for your convenience, more info soon.
1. by plane:
- (to reach Bolzano/Bozen) from Munich airport take the subway line S1/S8, or Lufthansa Bus (~50 min, 10 euros ticket) to the central station (Hauptbahnhof) Munich. Then, from Munich central station to Bolzano/Bozen take the direct train (EC, Euro City train last train 15:43 arrival in Bolzano 19:27, approximately 3h 50min).
- from Verona airport (also known as Catullo): Catullo airport is linked to the Porta Nuova railway station (and vice-versa) by a bus shuttle service departing every 20 minutes. See APTV shuttle timetable. From Verona Porta Nuova station go to Trento train station. Finally take the coach to Canazei by Trentino Trasporti (Atesina).
- from Venice (Marco Polo) airport , first go to Mestre railway station by public transports or Taxi (radiotaxi Mestre tel. 0039 041 5952). From Mestre railway station go to Verona Porta Nuova station and then to the train station of Trento. Finally take the coach to Canazei by Trentino Trasporti (Atesina). A good alternative is the coach by Brusutti that goes from Venezia (Piazzale Roma) to Canazei. Piazzale Roma is the part of Venice from where it is possible to drive cars, and it is very close to Venice (Santa Lucia) railway station.
- from Milano Malpensa airport, Autostradale typically provides two alternatives, a coach that goes directly to Canazei-Penia (check the availability on the day of interest!) or a shuttle to Milano Central Station.
3. by train:
- from Venice or Milan first go to Trento station by train. Finally take the coach to Canazei by Trentino Trasporti (Atesina). It can be useful to know that Trento or Bolzano can be also reached from many cities by Flixbus coaches.
4. by motorway:
Main access from the A22 Brenner motorway:
Route 1. exit Ora/Egna: SS 48 Dolomite state road – San Lugano Pass – Val di Fiemme – Val di Fassa (distance km 45);
Route 2. exit Bolzano Nord: SS241 state road – Costalunga Pass – Val di Fassa (distance km 37).